“Safety is no Accident”
The Mooney Safety Foundation (DBA the MAPA Safety Foundation) is a non-profit organization chartered in 1990 to improve aviation safety for Mooney pilots and their airplanes. The Safety Foundation is comprised of a diverse group of Mooney instructors that all share a deep commitment and passion for Mooney aircraft and aviation safety. Through our long-lasting association with the Mooney Aircraft Pilots Association (MAPA), the Mooney Safety Foundation provides:
- Structured pilot proficiency programs (PPPs) in various locations across the U.S.,
- Aviation safety through articles, speeches, and scholarships,
- A central location for pilots to seek and share Mooney and safety information.
Through our pilot proficiency programs, Mooney pilots can expect to:
- Improve piloting skills,
- Improve decision-making skills to ensure flight safety,
- Increase awareness and decision-making skills to deal with maintenance issues,
- Improve skills to handle emergencies,
- Obtain information relating to Mooney airplanes and their safe operation.
Update: Lakeland, FL PPP
In these very concerning times of COVID-19 and the risk of not providing social distancing, the MAPA Safety Foundation Board of Directors has voted to reschedule the Lakeland FL PPP, previously planned for January 28, 2021, to January 28, 2022. It is our duty not only to be safe in the air, but to not expose attending pilots to any more viruses. We are following the lead of many other organizations and doctors recommendations.
We are planning on continuing with four other PPPs in 2022 (for a total of five PPPs). Our plan is to conduct these PPPs with the utmost safety in mind and, as such, COVID conditions may force us to change the plans. For any updates, check back here and see the schedule in the footer below:
Jerry W. Johnson, President
MAPA Safety Foundation