“Safety is no Accident”
The Mooney Safety Foundation (DBA the MAPA Safety Foundation) is a non-profit organization chartered in 1990 to improve aviation safety for Mooney pilots and their airplanes. The Safety Foundation is comprised of a diverse group of Mooney instructors that all share a deep commitment and passion for Mooney aircraft and aviation safety. Through our long-lasting association with the Mooney Aircraft Pilots Association (MAPA), the Mooney Safety Foundation provides:
- Structured pilot proficiency programs (PPPs) in various locations across the U.S.,
- Aviation safety through articles, speeches, and scholarships,
- A central location for pilots to seek and share Mooney and safety information.
Through our pilot proficiency programs, Mooney pilots can expect to:
- Improve piloting skills,
- Improve decision-making skills to ensure flight safety,
- Increase awareness and decision-making skills to deal with maintenance issues,
- Improve skills to handle emergencies,
- Obtain information relating to Mooney airplanes and their safe operation.